Visa Electron Debit card
How can you use the Visa Electron debit card?
At the ATM:
- You can withdraw cash from any ATM from the country or abroad;
- You can view your account balance at ProCredit Bank’s ATMs and you get mini account statements.
- At retailers: you can pay for the purchased products with no fee anywhere you see the Visa Electron sign.
Which are the steps to take in order to use the card at the POS?
- If you wish to pay with the card for a certain product or service, the first step is to make sure the retailer accepts the payment with the VISA Electron card - the retailer has an electronic payment terminal (POS);
- Hand the card to the shop assistant;
The shop assistant checks the security characteristics of your card and passes it through the payment terminal.
If the concerned card has a chip, you should ask the retailer to slide it through the special chip-reading slit, if the terminal has such a slit.
- At the request of the shop assistant, enter the PIN code;
- Sign the receipts handed by the shop assistant and always keep one copy. Before you sign the receipt, you should check if the amount written on the receipt is consistent with the value of the purchased goods or services. Otherwise, ask the shop assistant to cancel the operation and to make another transaction.
- On the internet: you can purchase goods or services from the country or abroad, withoutmaking any trips.
When you use your card for Internet payment, you might be requested to provide information such as the card number, the type of card, the card expiry date, CVV2 (Card Verification Value 2 - a three digit code, printed on the back of the card), the delivery address, the name as it appears on the card. You will never be asked to provide your PIN code.
For the protection of your money, you should follow a few rules:
- limit the use of your card when accessing the Internet in public places;
- make sure that the site where you place your order is a reputable site or one that you trust;
- as much as possible, make sure that you can confirm the order by phone and get informed on the order cancellation policy (returning products, cancelling booking etc.);
The Visa Electron debit card offers you access to the money from your account at any time and with maximum safety. You can attach to your current account up to 5 cards for you and for other 4 persons whom you can authorize on the account. Furthermore, it grants:
- Efficiency: you save time and money because you pay no fee at retailers and you avoid useless trips to the bank;
- Increased safety: the card is provided with chip technology;
- Availability: you can use the money available to you at your free will and at any time; no need to travel around with money in your wallet.